Monday, April 8, 2013

A Little of Oklahoma in California

Last month was quite a crazy month for Tyler and I. Today I will focus on the best part of last month: my parents came to visit! We looked forward to family coming to visit ever since we moved. To get to show our family around California was SO much fun. It's so different from Oklahoma and it is nice for them to understand where we live a little better!

My parents arrived late on a Saturday night so we didn't do much the first night... just some talking and sleeping! I was so excited to bring my parents to church on Sunday and see how our Sunday mornings are spent. They got to sit in on the youth service with us and enjoy a morning spent talking about and doing worship. It was so fun just to introduce them to people that are a part of our every day lives. Church is obviously a huge part of all of our lives so it was so wonderful to get to attend with family. It was also great to let them see how great our church family is and how we are so well taken care of!

On Monday morning my mother and I pretty much just sat and talked. Dad slept in a bit so we had a very quiet morning full of chatting, chatting that I so greatly missed! There's nothing like sitting and talking with your mom face to face after months of being apart. So much wisdom and encouragement came from our conversations. That after noon Tyler and I had a meeting so my parents drove around a little and we did a little more exploring just around Tracy to show them the town. Riding in the car with them was fun to just hear their reactions to Tracy. They, like me, loved to comment on how cute and comfortable Tracy is. The comfort of Tracy is definitely one of the reasons why it was so easy to move here. It really feels like our home!

On Tuesday we took them to explore San Francisco! I was so excited to show them around because they, like Tyler and I, LOVE cities! It must be in the blood. We took them to the major sites, Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 (where we enjoyed the fish n chips for lunch!), through Chinatown, and from Union Square all the way down through downtown and the Ferry Building! We really got to see most everything we wanted to. I know they loved exploring with us.

The next day we had an opportunity to travel to a place I had not been yet, Sonoma (wine country). A family from FCC in Owasso was actually vacationing in Napa at the same time so my parents arranged for us to go have lunch with them in Sonoma. It was quite rainy and cloudy so we did not get to see a ton of the beautiful land, but what we did see was still so beautiful. I've never seen as much beautiful and diverse scenery as I have in since moving to California. We ate a cute little restaurant on the Square in Sonoma. Sonoma was such a quaint little town! I'd love to go there again and just spend the day there (and maybe on a non-rainy day!) Tyler was not able to join us on the Sonoma endeavor so I got to spend the day with my mom and dad by myself. Again, it was full of great conversations that only happen face to face.

I was super sad to see them go. The visit was no where near long enough, but I assume that's how it will be every time. Time with parents is SO precious. It's so hard to live this far from family so I'm super thankful they are willing to come visit us! Later this week Tyler's mom will be here, Elizabeth is coming later this month/early May, and we have some potential plans for other visitors this summer! Time is flying by with all of our family venturing out to see us, I'm so thankful for them coming out here!


No comments:

Post a Comment